As the Program Director, you will be responsible for the strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation of all programs and projects within Caim. This is a critical role that reports directly into our Founder and CEO, and you’ll be responsible for recruiting and managing at least one Program Associate. You’ll work closely with our leadership team, volunteers and external stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of our programs in alignment with our mission, vision, and values. This position requires a strong blend of leadership, program management expertise and a deep understanding of the nonprofit sector.
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive program strategy aligned with the organization's mission
- Identify and assess programmatic opportunities, partnerships, and collaborations
- Provide leadership and supervision to program staff for effective program delivery
- Plan, implement, and monitor program activities ensuring quality and timeliness
- Ensure program compliance with legal, regulatory, and funding requirements
- Develop and manage program budgets for efficient resource utilization
- Establish and implement robust monitoring and evaluation systems
- Analyze program data to inform decision-making and identify improvement areas
- Share program results and achievements through reports and presentations
- Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities for program staff
- 3+ years of program and/or project management experience
- Strong knowledge of program design, implementation, and evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets and secure funding from diverse sources
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on data-driven decision-making
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team management, staff development, and organizational development
- Tech savvy, self-motivated and impact drivenPassionate about animal welfare and the mission of Caim
- Detail-oriented and leave those you work with feeling confident that any task you take on will be done well, delivered on time and completed with little supervision
- Experience in the nonprofit sector
- Program or project management certification a plus
Caim is a 501(c)(3) charity that uses technology to help animal rescues save more lives. Our mission is to help the US become a no-kill nation. We do this by helping the 14,000+ shelters and rescues that exist across the US to find new fosters and operate more efficiently. Our platform is free to use and allows people to easily browse animals who need a foster home across different rescues. Once they find an animal they want to foster, we connect them with rescues in their area and provide resources to help them feel more supported on their fostering journey.
We’re a small, volunteer run organization with BIG goals. We’re looking for experienced and committed people to join our team. All of our positions are volunteer (unpaid) and can be done from anywhere. Nearly all internal communication is via Slack and most volunteers work independently when their schedule allows. We aren’t a call heavy organization, but most roles require a weekly or fortnightly one-to-one call with their manager, which is scheduled during PST working hours.