As a Grant Researcher, you’ll be responsible for identifying, researching and evaluating potential grant opportunities that align with our organization's mission and goals. Your expertise in grant research and analysis will play a crucial role in securing funding to support our programs and initiatives. This position reports into our Fundraising Manager.
What you'll do:
- Identify, research and evaluate potential grant opportunities from various sources
- Assess grant eligibility criteria and guidelines to align with organizational mission and goals
- Conduct screenings of potential grant prospects for suitability and funding potential
- Collaborate with Grant Writer and other team members to prepare high-quality grant applications within deadlines
- Utilize research methods and databases such as GrantStation to gather relevant information and data
- Provide support in writing compelling narratives and developing budgets for grant applications
- Build relationships with grant-making organizations and stakeholders
- Stay updated on industry trends and contribute to grant research strategy
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of nonprofit funding landscape
- Tech savvy, self-motivated and impact driven
- Passionate about animal welfare and the mission of Caim
- Detail-oriented and leave those you work with feeling confident that any task you take on will be done well, delivered on time and completed with little supervision
- Familiarity with GrantStation and/or other grant research tools
Caim is a 501(c)(3) charity that uses technology to help animal rescues save more lives. Our mission is to help the US become a no-kill nation. We do this by helping the 14,000+ shelters and rescues that exist across the US to find new fosters and operate more efficiently. Our platform is free to use and allows people to easily browse animals who need a foster home across different rescues. Once they find an animal they want to foster, we connect them with rescues in their area and provide resources to help them feel more supported on their fostering journey.
We’re a small, volunteer run organization with BIG goals. We’re looking for experienced and committed people to join our team. All of our positions are volunteer (unpaid) and can be done from anywhere. Nearly all internal communication is via Slack and most volunteers work independently when their schedule allows. We aren’t a call heavy organization, but most roles require a weekly or fortnightly one-to-one call with their manager, which is scheduled during PST working hours.