Digital Marketing Director
The Digital Marketing Director is a strategic role responsible for overseeing the company's online presence and driving targeted traffic to the website through search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) strategies. They will lead a team and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement effective SEO and SEM campaigns. Additionally, the Digital Marketing Director will be responsible for managing the company's website, ensuring its functionality, usability, and optimization for search engines, as well as tracking and analyzing website performance metrics to drive continuous improvement and achieve business goals. You’ll report directly to our Founder and will be responsible for managing a team of three people - an SEO Manager, SEM / Paid Media Manager and Website Manager.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with our Founder, acting as the lead for any digital marketing activities including but not limited to search engine optimization, search engine marketing and website management
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies to promote the organization's programs and activities, with a focus on raising donations, getting new fosters and rescues signed up to use our platform and recruiting volunteers to join our team
- Oversee digital advertising campaigns, with a key focus on search engine marketing (we receive $10k / month from Google and $1k / month from Microsoft as part of their nonprofit Ad Grant programs)
- Ensure that designs given by our Product team are implemented accurately on our website and optimized for different device types / screen sizes and search engines
- Analyze and report on the performance of digital marketing campaigns, using tools such as Google Analytics and Hotjar
- Stay up-to-date with the latest digital marketing trends, tools, and techniques, and make recommendations to improve the organization's digital marketing activities
- Interview and onboard new volunteers on your team, as needed
- 3+ years of experience in marketing roles
- Deep understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) so you can guide the people on your team who own these areas and help to troubleshoot any issues
- Confident using Google Analytics and/or similar tools to interpret data about traffic on our website and take appropriate follow-up actions
- Experience managing peopleExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Tech savvy, self-motivated and impact driven
- Passionate about animal welfare and the mission of Caim
- Detail-oriented and leave those you work with feeling confident that any task you take on will be done well, delivered on time and completed with little supervision
- Confident using Hotjar, or ability to quickly learn
- Familiar with Webflow (the website builder / manager we use for our main website)
Caim is a 501(c)(3) charity that uses technology to help animal rescues save more lives. Our mission is to help the US become a no-kill nation. We do this by helping the 14,000+ shelters and rescues that exist across the US to find new fosters and operate more efficiently. Our platform is free to use and allows people to easily browse animals who need a foster home across different rescues. Once they find an animal they want to foster, we connect them with rescues in their area and provide resources to help them feel more supported on their fostering journey.
We’re a small, volunteer run organization with BIG goals. We’re looking for experienced and committed people to join our team. All of our positions are volunteer (unpaid) and can be done from anywhere. Nearly all internal communication is via Slack and most volunteers work independently when their schedule allows. We aren’t a call heavy organization, but most roles require a weekly or fortnightly one-to-one call with their manager, which is scheduled during PST working hours.